Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal failure



This morning I tried for the second time to make EatLiveRun's (www.eatliverun.com) pumpkin oatmeal. Check her Blog out. She's a great. Anyway, this was my second time trying it. The recipe has egg whites which really give the oatmeal ALOT of volume. However, I cannot avoid getting nasty pieces of dried egg in my finished product. I stirred it the entire time on LOW heat and still, Egg in my Oatmeal! GRRRR! What the heck am I doing wrong? Should I not use Quaker Oats? Hmmm.




After I was done I added some of my really delicious almond butter by Kettle. I bought it at Whole Foods .


I also sprinkled a little cinnamon on top which is good with any oatmeal.

It Looked so scrumptious but I got a mouth full of YUCK when I tasted it.


I settled for just plain oatmeal with a little butter and a splash of cream :) It was delish!

Maybe I'll get the nerve to try the pumpkin thing again.... IN the far future :)

4 comments:

  1. I love her blog as well, but I don't try any of the oatmeal recipes that call for egg. To me, that is something that just shouldn't be added to oatmeal. I use Quacker Oats but I know that she uses Organic Steel Cut oats. Maybe that is the difference. I add volume to my oats by adding ground flax seed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might just give up on the egg. I was wondering if the Organic Steel Cut oats was the key. Ground flax seed? I've never heard of this method but I think I'll give it a try next. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this is why I simply work with the ready stuff which you just put into the hot milk :) Oat so simple :)
    Good luck on your pumpkin
    *Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Simple oats are delish. Like the saying goes, "if it's not broke don't fix it", right? lol

    ReplyDelete

Followers